How to Measure Your Dress Size
To make measuring simple, follow our step by step guide by simply using a tape measure, full-length mirror, and the undergarments you plan to wear under your dress.
How To Measure
- You'll need a full-length mirror, a soft measuring tape, and ideally a friend to do the measuring.
- If possible, wear the shapewear and shoes you'll pair with your gown.
- Position yourself diagonally in front of the mirror to be sure the tape is flat against your body and parallel to the floor.
- Wrap the measuring tape from back to front so you can easily read the numbers.
- When measuring, make sure the tape is flat against your body. Don't pull too tightly or leave too much slack, as this will skew the measurements.
- Follow along with the video to take measurements for your bust, natural waist, low hip, and body length.
- Once you've taken your measurements, compare them to the Size Guide on the product page for the style you're considering.
- For body hugging styles, we recommend taking the size that best matches your largest measurement (bust, waist, or hip). For A-line or ballgown styles, focus on your bust and waist measurements and take the size that matches the largest of the two. Remember, it's always easier to take something in than to let it out.
- To get a sense of how long a style will be on you, compare your body length to the shoulder to hem length indicated in the item's fit Information. If you are taller than 5’8’’ - with or without heels - we recommend you order extra length.
No measuring tape or second set of hands available? Ask a friend to help or contact a tailor in your area to have your measurements taken professionally.
Virtual Try-On at Home
Discover our Virtual Try On tool to see how your favorite styles look on you from the comfort of your home.
Click the Live Chat popup box in the bottom right corner of your screen, you have your own personal stylist at your fingertips for stress-free shopping or email us email@example.com.